The picturesque spa resort of Luchon is tucked away in the Pyrenees at an altitude of 630 m. Surrounded by the 13 most famous peaks of the range, Luchon is a lively tourist destination which attracts hikers, spa lovers, skiers, water sport enthusiasts and mountain bikers all year round.
Les Balcons des Pyrénées belongs to the BTP Vacances Group. With 104 apartments in buildings constructed in the characteristic Pyrenean style, in a protected environment of 5.7 hectares, the resort can accommodate up to 435 guests.
Driven by the need to offer an indoor heated pool in winter and an outdoor pool in summer, the resort selected Vénus to help bring this substantial project to life!
- 3-star Campsite
- Luchon (France)
- 27m x 13m
Our client testifies!
“Several companies were consulted, but only Vénus was able to put together a project that was viable and technically feasible,” she explains in full in a video.
AN INDOOR POOL AT THE FOOT OF THE PYRENEES
The installation of a Abridéal enclosure at Les Balcons des Pyrénées means that visitors to the campsite can enjoy the pool all year round. With its telescopic system, the enclosure opens and closes in a matter of minutes. While winter guests can relax in the heated waters of the indoor pool, summer visitors can take a dip in the open-air pool. For a holiday resort that accommodates a wide variety of guests (families, spa lovers, pensioners, etc.) this is a real game-changer.
A TECHNICAL FEAT
Following the tender process, the manager of the resort remarked “In light of the technical expertise that the project requires, only Abridéal has managed to propose a viable and technically feasible solution”. Our architects and engineers drew on their expertise to design and manufacture an exceptional pool enclosure! Let’s take a closer look at this remarkable technical feat:
- The dimensions of the pool enclosure are truly remarkable: 27 m x 13 m
- The pool enclosure is located up in the mountains where weather conditions tend to be somewhat temperamental
- A straightforward manual procedure is used to open the 8-tonne structure.
Since 1987, Abridéal has used tempered safety glass to manufacture its pool enclosures. The sections of the enclosure are made from 5mm tempered safety glass as the material guarantees total transparency and durability.
As we use only the finest materials and promote excellence in our manufacturing processes, we received CE certification in 2018. As all our structures are calculated according to Eurocodes (resistance standards), we are able to install pool enclosures high up in the mountains and in any other locations which face challenging weather conditions.
- We analyse your project and find you the solution best suited to your needs.
- Our experts will then take measurements of the site.
- Your enclosure will then be made at our workshop in St-Sulpice-sur-Lèze (31).
- Your enclosure is delivered and installed by our installation teams.
- Our enclosures come with a 10-year structural warranty with a 3-year warranty on the parts.